Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dill Vegetable Dip

This recipe is the result of a picky eater wanting a specific "taste" in a dip. The picky eater is me and I searched through several dozen recipes, took my favorite ingredients and tweaked them until I was satisfied. The dip has been a smash-hit at gatherings so far, if-I-do-say-so. Here is the easy recipe:


1 C.  Sour Cream
1 C.  Mayonnaise
2 t.   Parsley Flakes
1 t.   Dill Weed
1 t.   Seasoning Salt
        Onion Powder (to taste)
        Black Pepper (for looks)

Add all ingredients to a bowl.

(Dump, dump, dump... mix, mix, mix...)




















Serve on a pretty plate with cut vegetables! Some of our favorites to eat it with are carrots, broccoli, celery, olives (yes), mushrooms and bell peppers.

(I garnish it with parsley flakes or black pepper--makes it tasty to the eyes.)




















This recipe is a convenient make-ahead and very portable for a pot-luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment